Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.geektastic.com (“Site”) and use any of the services, features, facilities, functionality and content made available through the Site (“Service”). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all registered users of, and visitors to, our Site and any part of our Service.
The Service is provided by Codesse Ltd (“we”, “us” or “our”), a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 9603051. Our registered office and principal trading address is FF28, Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ.
You may use our Site and Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site or Service:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards set out below
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to use any data mining robots or similar data mining or extraction methods, nor may you use any automated means (such as the use of bots or scripts) to post, edit or view any part of the Site or Service;
- not to spam, flood or overload our Service or use it to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation. We may at any time limit the number of communications you may send on the Service;
- not to aggregate, distribute, make available or otherwise exploit any data or other material or content you have been given access to as part of the Service;
- not to attack the Site or Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site or Service;
- any equipment or network on which our Site or Service is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site or Service; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to contribute, share or upload material to the Site or Service (including your code challenges, evaluations, code solutions), or to make contact with any other users of the Service or Site, you must ensure that any such material, contributions, content or dealings with other uses (“Contributions”) comply with the following standards.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, email address or any other personal data in respect of any person;
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site or Service.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site or Service.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We will provide reasonable notice before suspending we undertake any of the above actions in response to breaches to the Acceptable Use Policy. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page and will inform you.